Sunday 25 September 2011

My Mudder was a Mudder

It's cross season! And this year I'm planning on doing as many fun cross races as I can.... which means lots of cross races on the island! I'm living in Vancouver now, going to teachers college at UBC, but this year I decided not to opt for the running races or the Royal Vic Marathon in the fall, and instead I'd have some fun in the mud.

The first two cross races I did weren't really cross races though. It was probably 30 degrees for each of them! In the first one I had some bike issues and was stuck in a comedic easy gear for a flat fast section of the course, then after working my way up to 4th place in the Island Cup in Cumberland, I wrapped my derailleur around my cassette on the last lap and had to run the last few kilometers. So now that all of my bad luck is out of the way for the year, the rest of the racing will be fun and inexpensive!

I think my main goals for the season will be the cross races in Victoria, the Island Champs, and the Provincial Champs, so I've got a bit of time to get in the swing of things. I'm hoping taking 7 classes isn't going to prevent me from doing some good training.

No comments:

Post a Comment